This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very slow HR update from external HRM

Just bought the watch and what I immediately noticed is that data coming from my external hrm (polar oh1) displayed with a huge lag during the activity. It makes it hardly usable.

The HR displayed is stuck for around 40 seconds before it actually displays a seemingly correct value. Never had this problem before using my hrm with the phone.

I’m new to running watches so I might miss some setting. It was during the activity with wrist monitor switched off. It feels like watch doesn’t update hr data for some reason, and after I stop running let’s say at 130 hr displayed on watch, it finally picks up after 30-40 seconds with the right value of 145-150. 

Firmware versions are latest both on a watch and hrm.

What I’m missing?

• Did you ever get this resolved? I just got a new Forerunner 245 and am experiencing similar HR lag with an external sensor (Wahoo Tickr). 

• Hi, not yet. I didn't trained at all for the last months, I will comment here if the issue still persists (I have no doubt it is) when I will pick up my training again. 

• Here's an update. It mostly have been fine since I started running again. Did 2 runs on 3.60 firmware and noticed no problems. After updating to 3.80 there was a mentioned delay at the start of the training. However, watch picked up for the rest of the run. I noticed some slow updates when HR drops back to lower values (i.e. walking), but it wasn't so crucial.

I did 4 runs on 3.80, on a couple of them there were slow updates at the start of the run. Last run was fine both on picking up HR increase and decrease to lower values. I will keep updating if something noticeable will happen.