This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you add Strength training option into the forerunner 45 series, im currently using others.

Can garmin enable the option for forerunner 45 series to add Strength activity option into the watch since its a running base and multisport focus watch.

Im been using it alot for running and gym base workout. Currently using the activity as Others.

Thanks

• I don't think you can, and, unfortunately, you can't design a My Workout or Intervals workout in the Other app. I use Run and then change it to Strength or whatever once it's uploaded to Garmin Connect. That way you can set your working time and recovery time.

• I just got this watch and was disappointed when I couldn't add different types of workouts from the app. Where can you find this information before buying

• Open Garmin connect app

Select more (bottom right corner)

Select Garmin devices

Select your watch 

Select activity options

Select displayed activities 

Choose which activities you would like to show on watch

I use “other” for weight training 

And then once the training session is imported in the Garmin connect app, you can edit it to “strength training”

Unfortunately this is (I belief) the only way to do it, little bit of mucking about but works fine

There is no option to select strength training directly (or I just haven’t found it yet) 

• Do you sync your activities with Strava and/or other 3rd party platforms? If you do, when you edit the name of the activity and change it to "strength training" is the change also reflected on Strava, etc? Or does it remain as "Other" up there ? 

p.s. Also, what about using the Cardio profile, instead of "Other" ? Doesn't it have the same metrics / stats that one would use / want for a Strength Training activity?

• Mine automatically uploads every recorded workout to Strava which I’m a little unhappy with, as I only want my road bike and running activities in Strava but not indoor cycling and strength training... but seems I can only upload all or nothing....

Strava doesn’t reflect changes made to the workout session in the Garmin connnect app after the activity has already been uploaded to Strava. So you would have to make the changes in Garmin connect before Strava gets hold of the workout data. You can however manually edit the workout once it has been uploaded to Strava as well. There is a lot of manual editing involved though... would be nice to find an easier way, if anyone has any ideas?? 

have not tried the cardio setting as yet. 

• Thank you for your feedback.
    TBH one of the reasons I moved from Fitbit to Garmin is that Garmin uploads every activity to Strava, while Fitbit uploads only the GPS activities. I like to have all my activities on one 3rd party platform and with Fitbit I had to manually upload the non-GPS ones and they would not even include HR stats.

p.s. I think the best option would be what the new Wahoo Rival watch / app has. 

In fact, the key bit here is that Wahoo will actually 
    wait before uploading any multisport workout/race to 3rd party sites like Strava, until you’ve reviewed it. Even cooler is that you can undo and redo this as many times as you’d like on a given workout/race.

https://media.dcrainmaker.com/images/2020/11/2020-11-11-14.26.01.jpg

• That's what I have been doing for weight training / strength training for running. It measures heart rate and calories so that's basically what I am interested in.

Still, I wish they had that has an option with the correct metrics.  Seems short sighted by Garmin since running is the default activity on my Forerunner 45  and runners need to do strength training in conjunction with running to avoid injury. It should be in there. Makes me wonder if Garmin suffers from the same problem that most other disciplines have: namely that the propeller heads that write or design the software for a particular industry/endeavour never use it themselves : ie, the designers of Garmin Connect are not themselves runners?

• That would be a great update. I'm having the same issue and would like to separate my workouts from "Other" since I would like to use "Other" for one off workouts and activities that aren't necessarily repetitive.