This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 35 to 45 upgrade - immediately show distance, time, pace on start of run

I have upgraded from the Forerunner 35 to 45. When I ran with the 35, it immediately showed distance, time, pace upon start after the GPS kicked in. I set this up through Garmin Connect and the user profile on the website. With the 45, the user profile on the website wouldn't let me set up distance, time, pace on start. I thought I did this through the 45 watch face options. I did set run on the website as the only activity option. Instead, on start, the 45 gives me a watch face that showed the time of day on the lower half. What is it I'm missing to set up the 45 so that up start, after the GPS kicks in, the watch face immediately shows distance, time, pace? Sorry for the 45 newbie question but I can't figure this out!

• After the GPS is ready and you start the activity, you'll see the first screen that you set for the given activity type (running, in your case). You can set the screen configuration before or during the activity. You can see up to 3 information at the same time. I can't remember how many screens you can have per activity, but I know that the last screen is always the time of day.

To set the screens, just after pressing START/STOP to start an activity the GPS will start looking for signal, then scroll down to 'Data Screens'. To do it during an activity, please refer to the item 2 of this topic: forums.garmin.com/.../tips-forgotten-undocumented-cool-features