This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I create an 'indoor track running' (NOT treadmill) activity option on my FR45?

I upgraded a few days ago from a FR25 to the FR45 and so far, I'm liking its features, though my old FR25 had an 'indoor running' option that would account for a run, but automatically turn off the GPS function. On my new Forerunner 45, how would I create a new, recurring Activity to handle indoor track running -- basically a run without GPS, but not on treadmill? It's getting to be the kind of weather where I will sometimes end up running the indoor track at my gym instead of outdoors. Aside from turning on/off the GPS every.single.time, is there a way to set the FR45 up as an Activity that I can simply select from the menu when I am about to run indoors (but not on treadmill)? Thanks!

• Go to your Garmin Connect app/website account, select 'Activities', then 'Create Manual Activity', then on 'Activity Type' select 'Indoor Running'. Finish the activity creation and let us know if this works for you :)

• Hmm. 'Create Manual Activity' appears to be for adding one actual activity after the activity has been completed -- there are boxes to enter duration, distance, speed, notes, etc. I would like the general activity category 'Indoor Running' to be one of the options when I select an activity on my device BEFORE I'm about to start doing it. It would be in addition to the already included Run, Treadmill, Bike, Walk, and Cardio. After Cardio, there's an option to Add, but it tells me to 'Go to this device's settings in Garmin Connect to add activities'. Where in the settings would I find that?

• I'm so sorry. I got it wrong.

Try this: open Garmin Connect, click on the watch at the top, then 'Activity Options', then 'Displayed Activities', then 'Edit'. There's 'Walk Indoor' which I believe address your needs.

• Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for. Slight smile

• There is an "Indoor Track" activity on other devices that saves as a run but disables GPS. I've taken the file from my 945 Sports folder, zipped it, and attached it to my reply. RunningIndoor TrackIndoor_Track.zip

Unzip the file and try to copy it to the Sports folder on your FR45. Let us know if it works.

• Thanks for upload of indoor track .fit ThumbsupThumbsup

• Just an update- very impressed with indoor running tracking - on measured track 8 lops to mile track - it's pretty much been perfect  - impressive!