This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time/date issues and activity tracking Garmin45

I am using my son's Garmin 45 (purchased around June this year) as my 645m is back for a refurb replacement.  Anyway, my son hasn't used the 45 too much but he was having a lot of problems with the time/date settings, losing steps (resetting to 0) and it taking an excessive amount of time for the GPS to find a signal.  Now I am using it I am finding the same thing.

The battery had depleted so I powered it up to full yesterday and registered it on my Garmin Connect account and set it up as my default.  The time was wrong and out by a few hours and minutes but I was able to reset this manually.  I then noticed that the date was wrong.  I synced it a couple of times via bluetooth with my phone and the date wouldn't change.  There was no manual way to do this as the instructions say it will automatically happen with a sync or gps activity.  I tried recording a GPS activity and bingo it reset to the right date but lost the steps I had accumulated that day while wearing it.  The time then went wrong again and I manually reset it. 

Today the date has reverted to yesterday and is adding today's steps to yesterday's total.  I have 0 steps recorded today but should have at least a few thousand by now.  I updated the software yesterday while charging/syncing to my computer so I am using version 3.0.  I have synced again today and still it has the wrong date.  I can't change this. 

While waiting for GPS to find me yesterday it took several minutes which I know can happen at times, however, when my son was using it track to walks he would be a around a km in to the walk before it picked him up. 

Can anyone advise what this date problem is and losing steps etc and why the GPS is slow?

Thanks!

Julie

• I have tried another gps activity which recorded and shows in Garmin Connect as today's date - 1 Oct, but the watch still says Mon 30, yesterday's steps total and 0 for today.  I have powered it on and off and no change.

• Steps resetting to 0 is a result of the watch changing date. But when the watch changes the date on its own, then there is something very wrong. I'd contact Garmin Support, as I suspect the watch is simply broken.

• I have had two 45 and both lost steps ...steps not registering after an activity and also reset. Garmin tech have no clue , I have sent photos of the step total before a run and then after, it was loosing 8000 plus steps some days, I took the first one back after 10 days and am taking this one back but haven’t got to the store yet.  

• I spoke to support.  We reset the watch which was ok as there wasn't much data on it and then deleted a couple of third party watch faces that were not in use but were potentially the problem.  Over the last few days the watch has been ok and the date/time are correct.  I don't seem to have lost any steps as far as I can tell.  It's a shame if adding apps makes the watch unstable. 

• Mine has consistently done it over several days probably 8 or so out of the 14 I have owned it, they tell me to update it and semi the. The Garmin file, they haven’t come back to me since last week when they have passed it on to their tech team..I spoke to them Monday and my options are return it...send the watch to them  or wait basically...I have gone back to my old fr 35 for now as it completely reset the other day when I  should have had more than 12000 steps but didn’t as wasn’t functioning right it only showed 5800 ish  so put me back to zero, I was so annoyed, but as soon as I connected my fr 35 back to the app, the steps came back on the watch and app..Arrgghh... glad yours seems all good