This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pace notification for each mile

I have a new 45S which I'm trying to get set up ready for a half marathon next week. After each mile of the race I'd like to know my time/pace for the mile I just completed. However the notification I get simply tells me I've completed mile 1, mile 7 etc - it doesn't give me any info about my pace. I guess I've overlooked a setting somewhere along the line - any advice please?

• I had the same problem! You need to make sure Auto Lap is turned on. 

However I had it switched on and it still did not work. After liaising with Garmin, and being advised no one else reported the issue, I received a replacement under warranty (new watch arrived yesterday!) However I haven't tested it yet due to a running injury so I am resting at the moment.

Incidentally, here is the thread I created for the issue. https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-45-series/165378/auto-lap

ps I had more luck in speaking to Garmin support on Twitter than on here. 

Let us know how you get on!

• Thanks Paul, really appreciate your reply. I have autolap turned on and have double checked all the other settings myself and with the running shop I bought it from but still no luck. I wonder if mine has a bug too? Anyway, thanks again for the advice and I hope you're fully recovered and back to running soon. 

• Hi, I am pleased to report I have been for three runs since getting the replacement watch (injury now cleared up!) and everything is now working fine, problem solved!

The chap I dealt with at Garmin Support (UK) was called Craig and he was very helpful.

I have let him know about this thread and that someone else is having the same problem that I reported. Hope you get it sorted!

• I dont have the forerunner 45, but the 245 but i am having a similar expreience.  The watch worked fine for 2 weeks always showing me my time per mile, then last night i went for a run and for the first 3 miles the watch beeped and buzzed but nothing appeared on my screen, then for last 2 miles it started working as normal again