As title. I like to rearrange the data screens and create a new one just for pace. Sometimes when I switch the watch off and on again it resets the data screens to the default layouts.
I have exactly the same issue on my wife's 45. You set the data fields on the watch and they are fine until the watch cync's with the connect app - They then reset to defaults. Its driving me crazy. I cant find anywhere on the app where its getting the data screen information from. I dont have any of these issues on my 235.
Its not about the sync with the app. It is a clear bug right from the beginning. I have the same issue with Swim2.
You can set the needed data screens, but you have to repeat the steps for the settings many times.
- take one data screen, set the fields as needed
- make a soft reset (push upper left "light" button for about 15 sec, until watch shuts down)
- switch watch back on
- check the data screen. If it is changed, set it again, soft reset, etc. If it is ok, go for the next data screen.
- repeat until all data screens are perfect.
I reached out to Garmin and here is the advice I got. I waited to see if it worked. It has been about 10 days since I tried it and the problem has not re-occurred.
I'd be happy to assist you. I'm sorry to hear that your watch keeps changing data fields during your activity. I recommend doing the following:
1. Soft Reset your Device
2. Delete the "Settings" Folder from your watch using a computer
3. Uninstall any and all watch faces or apps that you have downloaded onto your watch
Open Connect IQ app on your phone
If you need to switch the device you are working with select Choose from the upper right corner.
Note: If any of the above Connect IQ features are missing, then they are not supported with your device
Tap on the app
I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please let us know and we'd be happy to help.
Thank you for choosing Garmin,
For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center.