This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 45 pace view miles instead of Km

Just got my new  Forerunner 45, very happy. I used it during my runs last week and figured that although distance shows Km (my preferred unit) , Pace will appear as Miles. I checked Garmin connect on computer and Phone and also on the device itself - units on all is setup for kilometer.

any advice?

THANKS, Noemi 

• I have the same problem, there was a software update this morning and now my pace and distance are shown in miles. I have tried everything to fix it but nothing work. The other thing is that my clock now displays in 12h instead of 24h.

• HI! Same problem new updated yesterday and now my watch tracks in miles and  I don't have the option to set the units to miles or km only metric and statute. And I as well have the problem that my clock now displays in 12h instead of 24h, though the settings are correct.... The funny thing is that on my smartphone and on the computer, everything is correct, I have everything measured in km. 

• I just installed the update and found the clock was in 12h. Went to system settings and changing to to 12h. went back into system setting and changed it back to 24h which worked for me.

edit.. Also change units to statute and back to metric to set to KMs

• Thanks! After the reboot it worked also for me

• I did what you mentioned and rebooted too, however, it didn’t work. 

Edit: 13/2/20 I changed the clock format to 24 hour and it  worked. 

also I tweeted this thread to Garmin on the weekend and this was their response.

• Reboot worked for me (in the end). I would suggest flicking between km and statute plus syncing back to the phone then doing the reboot.

Unfortunately there seems to be no rhyme or reason which is frustrating. I hope it fixes itself for you soon 

• Did not work for me after many tries and wasted time!.

Garmin must do the software fix quickly.

• Same issue here!

• I called Garmin costumer service in Germany on Monday, the guy took a look with the number of my watch and said he would report the problem to Garmin and they should do a new update soon. Next day, all of a sudden, trying once more to swap back and forth between the options (12/24 hours and Metric/Statute) now it is fixed! The day before it had not worked. So my advice: Swap to 12hr and Statute and save the settings. Then go back to the settings you want and save... for me it worked this time, the clock shows 24h and my pace is measured  in min/km...  I just cross fingers it lasts! :-) 

• Same problem here. Turned up to a race at the weekend and my pace was in miles and I couldn't change it. Absolute disaster. I had no idea how fast I was running! Totally ruined my race. Really angry.