This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My forerunner 35 is sporadically not reading my pace or distance (it says 0.00 when I’m moving).

Sometimes it’s both pace and distance, sometimes it’s only one. If I reset the watch it sometimes works. Today, the pace didn’t work during my walk - I tried three times. I reset the watch and the pace started working, but when I checked it an hour later it read zero. It happens when I set it to run or walk. Suggestions?

• I assume that you are running outside with GPS on and the watch on you wrist.

Sync the watch using Garmin Express to update the EPO.BIN. Sync it a few times.

Then go outside and get a good GPS Fix for 5 Minutes. Try a Short Run to see if it is better.

Its also possible that the watch is faulty and needs to be returned to Garmin.

Are you Walking Very Very Slow ? Dog Walking ?

A restart might also help.

www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-FE7137DB-B929-4BD6-B76F-EC5E27AD50B3.html

• I am walking quite fast so that shouldn't affect it.  I restarted and that didn't seem to help; however, I synced it a few times and it worked.  I tried it the next day, and it showed zero again, but I tried syncing again and it worked after that.  I will just try syncing it before I do any activities.

• Usually this issue arises if the watch hasn't acquired satellites in the last few weeks. JoeD is correct usually it is because the EPO.BIN file has expired. Performing the following should resolve the issue.

• Plug the watch into a computer
    • Access the device drive
      • Windows 
        • Connect the Garmin device to the computer 
        • Press the Windows key + E on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer/File Explorer
        • Select This PC (Windows 10 only)
        • Open the Garmin drive listed
      • Mac
        • Connect the Garmin device to the computer
        • Open Finder
        • Select Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen
        • Select Computer
    • Open the Garmin Folder
    • Right Click on the Remote SW folder and delete it
    • Sync with Garmin Express 
  • Thanks, I'll try that!

• Did that resolve it for you?