This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hi my old forerunner 30 watch strap has just fallen off. It looks as if it was glued on,theres no damage to the strap. Can i get it repaired and will it still track my runs if i carry it in my pocket. Thanks e veryone

Hi my forerunner 30 strap just fell off. Theres no damage to the watch and i dont really 

Know why it appears undamaged. How do I get a new one?

Thank you

• There's a design flaw in the strap for the Forerunner 30/35, that causes the rubber part to separate from the plastic endpoint after some time. You can try to fix it yourself, although from my experience it is tricky to make a lasting fix. If the watch is still under warranty, contact garmin support, and they'll send you a replacement. Replacement straps are also available for purchase, but the original garmin straps are quite expensive, and sooner or later the same will happen to the new strap. You might wan't to consider a cheaper 3rd party strap.

The GPS should work in your pocket, although degraded accuracy is to be expected. The built-in optical sensor won't work.

• Bacteria destroys all Sport Watch Straps Exept Metal Ones.

It's so simple to prevent . A wipe with Rubbing Alcohol Daily.

• In this case it's not the strap material that fails, but rather the glue that attaches the strap to the strap endpoint. It cannot be wiped, because it is completely hidden inside the strap, until the glue fails. This is an obvious design flaw, because the highly elastic strap stretches under normal use, especially when putting the watch on or off, and the attachment point is non-elastic, so sooner or later the glue that is supposed to bind them together will give.

• I was talking generally about all Sport Watches all Makes.

I fully agree with your diagnostic on this Specific Problem

• Can anyone recommend the best glue for this?