This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I'm gonna smash thi watch with a hammer soon!I

Yesterday for example, Walked my dog and Garmin Watch says this...lol:

0.62 mi
Distance
36:06
Time
58:03 min/mi
Avg Pace
7 ft
Elev Gain
288 C
Calories
BUT I ran a full KM at 70% of my ability here:
0.63 mi
Distance
5:10.9
Time
8:13 min/mi
Avg Pace
--
Elev Gain
73 C
plus apparently imtaking thousands of steps per day (NOT!) and burning 5000+ calories per day sitting on the sofa...lol
HILARIOUDS.
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS FORERIUNNWER 35 IS BAD!
My watch before hat was a Forertunner 10 which I sed for 2 Cardiff Half Marathons and it was DEADLY acurate.
I'#ve google these problems and there are literally THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people havoing same hassle with this Forerunner 35.
I know there ain't gonna be a fix or hack or whatever, but I'll ask anyway....does anyone know what#s going on with the CRAPPY Forerunner 35????
Thanks
Matt
  • Try a Reset

I have One and It Works Fine on Every Activity Profile . Have you set your Age and Weight ?  Those Calculations above seem to be correct . The Cal readings are always an approximation. If I do a 1000 Cal Workout on my Polar Watch and Garmin Simultaneously the Garmin always gives me about 50% more than the Polar and the Exercise Bike Says 2000 Cals. When you Walked the Dog you took 11X the amount of time compared to the run (Run Cals * 11)  = 803 if you had run for 58 Minutes Which is about Right. If I cycle for one Hour I get about 900 Cals

Maybe you Heart Rate was Quite High While Walking the Dog.   Please don't take out the Hammer. LOL

• on my forerunner 25 it was grreat...always used to be within 100-107 calories per KM during a 10k...so should i perhaps turn off the HRM on my F35 and might get a better or at least stable numbers per km?

• You can turn of the HR Monitor on the FR35 and it will still count CALS.

You Can Also Pair it to an ANT+  HR Chest Belt Monitor for Most Accurate Readings.

I have in my house more expensive Garmin and Polar Watches but  the FR 35 is my favourite.