This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 35 will not charge

Hi

I have a Forerunner 35 and it will not charge consistently.  I've cleaned the contacts on the watch and the charging cable with alcohol and with an eraser as suggested.  I've tried powering it off before attaching the charging cable.  The contacts and cable look fine.  But it will not charge.  How do I fix it or get it repaired? Should I buy a new charging cable or a new watch?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

hi, sorry to hear about your mishap

• you tried different chargers and usb ports
    • you tried pressing the light button until your watch shuts down
    • your tried pushing each pin on the cable for spring activity

go for a charging cable when you had no other trouble wtih the FR35 since purchase

any chance you can measure the 5V supply on the outher pins of the cable

happy & safe sporting

• I have the same problem. I bought the watch one month ago and now it won't charge. I've cleaned the contacts on the watch and the charging clip with isopropyl alcohol. I have measured 5V on the outer pins on the charging clip. I have done a soft reset of the watch. I have tried to charge it both with the watch turned off and turn on and it still won't charge. What should I do next - send it back for a new one? Very disappointing! Garmin used to make quality products.

• Sounds like the Power Chip has Blown.

Contact Garmin Support or a Garmin Service Center (Dealer).