This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate stays the same

It seems like recently on many of my runs after the 1/3 point the heart rate flat lines typically around 150 ? Why ? I even checked it on Garmin Connect on my phone and it displays the same information...Is there something wrong with the watch ? On other occasions it is fine...

Note this is on a Forerunner 35. I see the flatline typically on my 10 mile runs. Whats interesting is if I take a break the rate goes down but immediately goes back up to the flat line rate and stays there for the duration of the run. Today I climbed from 66 to 149 by mile 3. It flatlined at 149 (it never changed from 149) until I took a break at mile 6. At mile 6 it immediately went to 121 during the quick break. It then went back to 149 and stayed at 149 until mile 9 when there was a 147 followed by a 148. The remaining readings were all 149 after mile 9.

The above reading is very typical of my 10 mile runs.. Why is this ? It seems like the monitor must be working based on the break ?