This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot sync Forerunner 35 via Bluetooth with app

I've tried hundreds of times, restarted watch, restarted phone etc etc but cannot get the watch to sync with the Garmin app.

Every time I try, it just says that the sync has failed. It does start but ever completes.

The watch is definitely paired with the phone, but it seems to constantly drop in an out of connection which I think is possibly why it never completes the sync. This despite the fact they are about 10cm from each other, full battery, etc etc.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated
  • Try Another Phone if you can.

Make sure that the watch is only paired to 1 phone at the same time.

Mine Works Perfectly 100%

Samsung Grand Prime + Android 6.0.1 -- That is my Sports Phone.

• This solved it for me. I had reset my phone, and the watch would not re-pair with the app.
    So, first I reset the watch to factory (there is a video).
    Then I uninstalled and reinstalled garmin connect on android smartphone to be sure of a clean app.
    On the watch, I went through to the Settings and put it in pairing mode.
    On the phone, I turned on bluetooth, opened the Garmin connect, went into settings and made the app FORGET the device.
    This automatically brought me to home screen with a new pop up to ADD DEVICE.
    I clicked that, the app and watch paired, then I followed the setup menus that came next. Easy peasy. 

• That is all it took for me

Thanks

• One day sync was working fine, then not working after my next activity. Tried all sorts to try to get it to work. Eventually switched the watch off (hold top left button), switched it on (press top left button) and everything was back to normal, sync worked without any other changes.

• This is really old, but the problem still persists. The solution: be sure the Garmin Connect app is open on your phone. If it’s already open, then close it and open it again.