This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot sync Forerunner 35 via Bluetooth with app

I've tried hundreds of times, restarted watch, restarted phone etc etc but cannot get the watch to sync with the Garmin app.

Every time I try, it just says that the sync has failed. It does start but ever completes.

The watch is definitely paired with the phone, but it seems to constantly drop in an out of connection which I think is possibly why it never completes the sync. This despite the fact they are about 10cm from each other, full battery, etc etc.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated
  • Same problem Forerunner 235

I have this same problem since yesterday. The watch is connected as I can get smart notifications, but every time it tries to sync, I get a sync failed message.

Extremely frustrating.
  • Same here. Just got a Chronos yesterday and it won't sync. Bluetooth notifications are working fine so it's not a connection issue. Also, it won't sync through Express so I think it's a Garmin server problem.
  • Is Wifi switched on? Then switch it off and try again.
  • Same here

Hi,

with my forerunner 35 I have the same problem. Even the sync with garmin connect on my Macbook and the data cable does not work correct. I always get an "device-settings" Connection error .

regards,

Gunnar
  • Hi!
    Same here. My bluetooth notifications are working but not a connection. Its Garmin server problem. Please say, what can i do..

Veronika (Latvia)
  • Cannot sync FR35 with Garmin Commect Mobile via bluetooth

Hi!
    Same here. My bluetooth notifications are working but not a connection. Its Garmin server problem. Please say, what can i do..

Veronika (Latvia)

I have exactly the same problem. I am using:
    1. Garmin Forerunner 35 with software version 2.90
    2. Motorola MotoE 2nd gen, running Android ver 5.1 (Lollipop)

Cable sync with Garmin Express works fine, and upload from Garmin Express to Gamin Connect web-site is also fine.

The FR35 and mobile phone pair correctly and I also get notifications on the phone, so clearly that is all good. But the syncing between FR35 and phone is shown as working for several minutes, until eventually the shows Sync Failed.

So the only way I can get activities into Garmin Connect Mobile is by doing the cable sync via express, then logon to Garmin Connect (web) from my computer to sync with Garmin Connect, and only then will the activities show in Garmin Connect Mobile.

A response from someone at Garmin would be apprecciated. Or should we just stop trying to use Garmin Connect Mobile?
  • Forerunner 35 won't sync with connect app

Having the same problem.

Have tried uninstalling the app. Disconnecting bluetooth, reconnecting. Turning phone off, turning watch off. But nothing works.

Maybe someone from Garmin will comment soon; it's only been 4 months since the thread was started.
  • For sync to succeed Garmin Connect Mobile must have working internet connection so it can sync with Garmin Connect web-site also.
  • I had the same problem. I was able to fix it.

I remove the Forerunner from the app and then added it again. Everything synced up and is working fine now.
  • I am having the same problem. Can connect via the cable, but can not connect via the App. Update firmware, app etc to latest versions. Removed the watch from the app, and tried to re-add. The phone can see the watch, but I can not get the App to connect to it. Very frustrating. Any more ideas? All seems to have started when IoS 11 was launched.