This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software Version 5.50 - Forerunner 245 Series - Live

Clarification: For those of you who received 5.40 this update only includes the following:

Addressed an issue that caused VO2 Max update and Training Status to not update

If you have not yet received Version 5.40, then the update will include the above, as well as everything that was previously in 5.40 which I have included below. 

Update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile pending the rollout schedule.

- Fixed an issue that caused CIQ watch faces to display 0 calories.
- Added improvements to prevent dropped phone connection.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
- Fix an iOS reconnection issue on some phones.

• Not seeing any issues with this release. Battery use is about 10% per day

• Yes, I also observed it ... this might be due to recent privacy additions to iOS14. iOS throws these visual alerts if any app uses GPS/Mic/Cam in the background ...

• So, any bets on the Forerunners following the Fenix and receiving Concept 2 support?

• FR245 APAC still SW5.00 from Connect and Express, come on, what are you waiting for?

• Updated to 5.50 few days ago, still my performance is "no status"

• Updated to 5.50 version. My 245 still doesn't measure Performance Condition, and doesn't update VO2 max. Regression in core feature is. not cool at all. Is anyone still seeing this issue?

• Hey Spike, Since Nov 12, my VO2 max and Performance Condition are not updating, even after updating to 5.50. Did you do anything else to fix this? This bug is really annoying me

• Hi Srikar, with my few runs I did since the 5.50 update there wasn't any problem. VO2 Max and performance condition was measured. What I did immediately after the update was to switch to average resting HR (select it again specifically) and it was working since then. Also I was observing the behaviour with RHR since then and the reported switch from 'average' to the value of custom 30 is still happening with a sync of an activity. Nevertheless, VO2 Max and PC works as expected. 

Some people report battery life issues with 5.50. Not in my case, but slightly higher battery usage during a run. That came from a previous GPS version update (i thinkvit was >=4.2). Good thing with this was, it consumes less battery in smartwatch modus in my case. 

Have you checked RHR parameters? I assume all other parameters in the user profile are set (weight, age, etc). They are necessary for VO2 Max calcluations.  

• Thanks Spike! My RHR is currently set to `use average`. I clicked on it and set it average again. Interestingly, it was using RHR average from previous week. I haven't seen any battery life issues either. I'll run again tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

The watch I have is a replacement, that I got last week. It coincided with 5.50 update I guess

• Yeah I noticed something similar with outdated average RHR. Even with this, VO2 Max was working. Not sure though, if the stats are calculated correctly then. That would be a question to Brooks. What happens to VO2 Max calculations if RHR values don't match? For me it's not so important, because I am not a pro. I see all these values more like an indicator. Proper measurement needs a lab.

The best way to check is to flip to the performance condition widget during the run (down button). If you you see a value after 7-10 minutes into the run you know that everything is working correctly.