This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 music - spotify not working

I just bought a whole new forerunner 245 music (software version 370 - November 2019) and want to use it with Spotify. According to garmin this should work.

I have downloaded the manual and it says that it is possible. So I am now trying to install the app from Connect IQ. The forerunner 245 Music is in the compatibles list.

I have gone through all the steps. I get a neat message from the forerunner 245 music that the installation was successful, but the spotify app is not working. If I press the UP key, nothing happens. The spotity app is clearly visible in the configuration, but does not work. If I install Deezer instead, it will work. Also tried from another cell phone.

I would like to know when Spotify can be used on the Forerunner 245 music. According to garmin it should work but to no avail!

Please help !! Did anyone get this working??

• Garmin seem to have done a deal with Spodify unbeknown to us users, unless you now use this platform forget about listening to music. It appears to be a first step towards charging for use of your own music. If anyone has anything different would be good to know, but for now no music on Garmin.

• I do not use a music app, just access my own music as Mp3 however in the past week I have been asked to download one of the apps to listen to my own music. A deal has been done unbeknown to us, soon you will all pay an annual fee to listen to your own music. Don't be fooled this is selling the music farm to platforms for a fee that is then passed onto the consumer.

• Mesmo problema aqui. Já fiz de tudo, inclusive formatar o relógio algumas vezes. Tive que adicionar músicas em MP3 no relógio pra conseguir ouvir músicas. Spotify não funciona!

• Thank you! more than 2 years on an this has helped me fix the same issue with a watch bought only a few months ago!