This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series Beta 3.46 is available

The below information applies to both devices and the dedicated links are labeled. Installation instructions are provided within the download links. 

Forerunner 245: https://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-02120-00

Forerunner 245M: https://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-02120-20

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Forerunner 245 changes made from version 3.10 to 3.46:

• Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Add PacePro feature
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Improvements/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Forerunner 245M changes made from version 3.10 to 3.46:

• Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Add PacePro feature
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Various other fixes and improvements

All feedback is of course welcome.

• By the way, is it possible to downgrade to 2.90? Anyone has the file? Thank you 

• Forerunner245_294Beta.zip

In the archive attached there is 2.94 beta which has the 2.90 as GUPDATE-290.GCD which you will need to rename as GUPDATE.GCD and the "RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3078-230.GCD", this is a description on how to downgrade from 3.46, but should be applicable:

===========

If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-310.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-310.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the GUP3204-360.GCD and GUP3078-250.GCD files from RemoteSW\Downgrades in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

• Thank you very much. I will try another run tomorrow, maybe with clearer sky and than if it is the same I will try to downgrade to my trusty 2.90. 

• I can't seem to get the optical hr to work for pool swimming.(even though it's enabled in the menu - and warns that hrm-bands are recommended)

Aeropex volume up (still) not working.

• Oh, and more importantly: when running with music the lap time  announcementsa rounded up. Say a 6m46sec lap is reported as a 6m50.

Not sure if that is beta related or me switching from running with smartphone (and where the notifications come from the Connect app) to running without smartphone. I'd be tempted to say the latter.

• Did you downgroad to 2.90 ? How is the GPS recording ?

I also feel like version 3.10 has lower the GPS recording accuracy on my watch...

• Perfectly fine as was always with this version. And also, because I had to delete old activities to gain space for the 3.46, now on 2.90 is much more faster and GPS spot on 

• It would be ideal if we could combine software versions like main sw 3.46 with some older GPS software version Slight smile

• Thanks for the feedback

I'm also considering downgrading the SW to v2.90, but how do you prevent the watch to upgrade by itself over wifi ?

• In my case I don't have WiFi because it's the non music version. I only sync with garmin mobile and not garmin express on computer. So, you just have to turn off the auto update function on the watch, in the about menu.