This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 trail running

Hi, may I know if Forerunner 245 is suitable for trail running purpose. Can i export GPX data to the watch for turn by turn navigation purpose?

Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to WillNorthYork

I experienced this using trial and error.  I have a 3 mile trek I'll run in my housing development.  It's all flat asphalt except for this 1/4 mile path in our community park that's made from compressed crushed rock.  Depending on what I'm doing that day, I'll run the trek 1-3 times.  I started noticing the metrics from my HRM-Tri and Styrd kept having these off the wall periods of different data.  When I looked closer at the graphs is when I realized it happened on the park path.  I eliminated the park from my runs and I was surprised to see how much that small section was affecting my metric averages.

• hello :) i went now with the 245m - do you think it was a mistake? i do also hiking and trailrunning (till now with the running profile, should i always use the trail running profile?) 

I read often that gps is nearly the same, for me its enough if its be calculated after the run/hike whatever....

Thank you