This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Led not switching off when taking watch off

I wonder if that is an issue. I take off my FR235 during the night but I notice that whatever I do the LEDs are permanently turned on. And even during the day they never go off. 

Point is that this drains my battery and forces me to switch my watch off every night (also because the green lights bothers me).

In Garmin connect -->profile I have set Sleep time but that seems have no effect.

The sw version is 8.20

Thanks

Patrick

• The led should be on during motion, then it will try to detect, if no data (moved watch without wearing), then it will quickly switch off.

If it's laying alone then generally the led should be off.

The sleep settings won't do it as you can wear it during sleeping, so HR still be checked.

You can try turning off only HR in the main settings or reset.

• Thank you for your answer. Ok the leds should go off, But what if they don't? Should I do a hard reset? As for the other solution to turn off only HR you mean the main settings on the watch? Because I can't find it. Could you please elaborate better how to get there?

• Yes, settings can be accessed with those buttons: Activity Runner -> Menu ˅ (down) -> Settings

And yes, you can try reset, don't know if it will fix, but good to try.

• I have the same issue. The leds stay on, and are draining the battery of my watch 235. I have this issue a couple of days now. Software version is also 8.20.

• Thank you that is important to me. So even if resetting and then updating I might get the same issue again! Better wait for another update and hope the fix it

• Thank you! HR disabling works

• I have the same issue as well. Same version 8.20. The WHR lights are always on and will only switch off if I turn the HR function off. It means the battery life is really short. It also means that one of the main reasons I have the watch is now longer usable. Any further luck in finding a solution apart from disabling WHR?

I have done a full factory reset and the the turned off HR rate and restart suggestion from the forums a few years ago. Starting to get worried that the HR function is no longer a feature for the watch.

• Forgive my double checking. Have you therefore done a full factory reset and despite that you had to disable the HR because the leds were still going mad? So that is useless! How long since you did that?

• Sadly yes. A factory reset the day before my last post. It did not solve the problem. Compared it to friends WHR lights and theirs go out after a period of time. Mine only go off if I disable leds by switching of heart rate monitoring. I guess I need to contact Garmin to see if there is a fix. Will be out of warranty so I am worried it is done for.

• Thanks...So how do you contact Garmin? I would like to complain about that...
    And am I wrong to get high hopes in a new update? How often do they are issued?