This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low calorie count when using HR monitor only

I have an edge 1000 for cycling and an older Forerunner 920 XT. This problem happens with both devices, and ONLY when I use an HR monitor. Example:

I ride my bike for two hours and cover about 30 miles with hills. If I am not using an HR monitor, my calories will show about 1300 or so. However, if I use an HR monitor, and avg about 140 for my HR, which means I am working!, my calorie burn for the activity will show at about 430- which makes no sense at all.

I have reset the devices- nothing. I have gone into my profile in Connect, and looked at my HR zones, and they are properly set with a max of 173 (I am in my 40s)

I have no idea why it does such low burn, and why it is doing only when I am paired up with a monitor. Can anyone help me fix this???

• Anybody have a solution to this problem?  I recently purchased the HRM and on my first ride I got like 25% calorie count of what I normally have just using the watch.  

I sense that my heart rate picked up my the garmin app is from the HRM, but that it is tracking calories from the watch (which is not tracking on my cycling activity).  Which makes the whole point of owning the HRM strap rather useless, I wanted more precise information, not less.

• I recently got a new HRM and ever since I've been using that one it is similar. Only 25 percent of what the calories should be. It also told me a 55km MTB with 1200m of elevations was 0.1 aerobic and a recovery ride Rofl haha. 

If anyone has an answer that would be great!