This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot change swim distances to meters

I am trying to get the "Make Up Your Mind" badge, so today I swam 1000 meters, but I broke it up into 4 swims so that I could change two to yards and two to meters; however, when I change a swim to meters, it defaults back to yards. I can only change the pool length and number of lengths but not the actual distance - and it only measure in yards. My friend has the same watch and was able to change it no problem, but mine keeps defaulting to yards. Please help!

• SOLVED. I struggled getting this but FINALLY figured it out. So you probably have a LOT of swims recorded and sync'd with garmin.connect.  I have the FR735XT but I think any Garmin swimming compatible device will work. Go to Garmin.connect and then click on Activities, then All Activities. Click on one of your recent swimming activities. A bunch of data charts will pull up showing pace, etc.,,, Now click on the Edit icon on the top right of the screen (looks like a pencil). Change the pool size here to the opposite unit. I normally swim a 25 meter pool so I changed the pool size to 27.3 and clicked the dropdown for yards. Note: 27.3 yards = 25 meters. Click Save in the upper right of the screen. You should now have your badge. I did this today, 11Feb22.  It updated immediately and awarded me the badge then I chose to go back and change the data back to meters but this isn't necessary.