This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there an alternative to the discontinued foot pod for the FR235?

With the foot pod seemingly discontinued by Garmin and the Advanced Dynamics pod incompatible with the FR235, is there an alternative device for measuring cadence & stride length outdoors and cadence, stride length & distance indoors?

• Just get another ANT+-compatible footpod. I use the adidas micoach speedcell. It's exactly the same hardware as the Garmin footpod, only branded differently, and much cheaper.

• Thanks for the response, however it would appear the ANT+ speed cell has also been discontinued.

Does anyone know whether the active dynamics pod (worn on the back of your running shorts) is compatible at all. I know the more granular detail won’t be available as the FR235 lacks the functionality required, but would it work to capture cadence, speed & stride length on treadmill runs and cadence with stride length outdoors?

• It's discontinued, but sometimes can be found on ebay or other online retailers, and at a low price, too. A year ago I bought a handful of those for $10 a piece.

If you mean the running dynamics pod, then it's a different device, and serves a different purpose than a footpod. AFAIK it is not compatible with the FR235 anyway. You won't be able to connect it to the 235.