This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch causing rash

Three weeks ago, I started getting a rash on my arm from my watch after wearing it pretty much 24/7. I have used the watch for several years now and have never had this issue. I switched arms and got a rash on the other arm too. Anyone else experience this? 

• Hey I’m a new user of a Forerunner 645 Music (2 years late to the party and they’ll probably release a newer model knowing my luck, but I got a cheap deal), and have just worn the watch for the first 24 hours - I have a pretty bad rash on the underside of my wrist where the watch was worn. I also tightened it to a greater degree than a normal watch in a bid to improve the accuracy of the on wrist optical heart rate monitoring.

2 things I’ve taken away from reading this old thread which I’ve linked to below:

1.) I’ll have to try buying a strap for the FR645 which is made from a different material, not the stock silicone band which ships with the watch. 

2.) (and this sounds obvious) Other users complaining of skin rash in the thread linked to say they’ve had to loosen the strap when not recording  specific activities like a run, eg when just wearing the watch at rest. This will, of course, reduce the accuracy of the optical heart rate sensor on the back of the watch as it won’t have as consistent contact with the skin...

Oh, and I did also notice that a Garmin advisor called Former Member said in a reply to the Original Post that if you’re experiencing skin rash issues from the strap to contact them, so I’m going to do that - it would be great if they could provide me with a non-silicone alternative band to try for free, in the name of good customer service and keeping me loyal to Garmin products. 

• I can’t seem to paste a link to the original thread (?!), but just search for “Skin rash” in the Forerunner 645/645 Music sub-topic