This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Skin burns from sensor

My Garmin tactical is burning my skin. Why??

• Hi my farming vivoactive 4 burn my skin I put from the left to right hand and happens again 

• It might be bacterial, Clean the Watch with +- 70% Alcohol daily and After Every Activity and wear it further up the wrist to try.

If it does not help contact Garmin Support.

• I've now had two Garmin watches -- the Vivoactive HR and the Vivoactive 4.  Both have burned my wrists -- badly.   I've moved the watch to the other hand, alternated the Vivoactive HR and Vivoactive 4 without improvement.  I've swabbed the underside of the watch with rubbing alcohol.  I worry that the wavelength of the sensor is not not in a safe UV frequency -- perhaps when it leaves the shop, but that it drifts over time.  These watches should be recalled and Garmin definitely needs to scope out this problem.  In the past Garmin has acted surprised when I've contacted them about this problem, and suggested I wasn't keeping the watch clean...  I've worked with devices in contact with human skin/bodies before in my career -- Garmin has an engineering problem and it needs to address it.  I will likely contact Garmin again tomorrow and follow up with CPSC to report this defect in the product.