This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How long can I expect this watch to last?

I've had my Forerunner 235 for almost two years. It's been a great watch, but it's getting glitchy. I was wondering how long it's reasonable to expect a Garmin watch to work, especially one that's been discontinued like the Forerunner 235 (at least, I heard it's been discontinued). 

• I have a 10-year old FR310XT and it's still good, although I do not wear it 24/7.

On the other hand, my FR735XT has already been replaced twice in 3 years. So, yeah, those things are not very durable.

• My wife and I are on our second Garmin watches, first ones were replaced for features after my band broke on my FR10.  Now we have had our FR235's for more than 3.5years...  my optical sensor was cracking, fixed partially with a sand/polish job.  Otherwise they have been working pretty well, battery life is still plenty to do 100mile rides or 6hr trail runs.  So... unfortunately I just have to keep waiting to get a new watch, lol

• My wife and I are on our second Garmin watches, first ones were replaced for features after my band broke on my FR10.  Now we have had our FR235's for more than 3.5years...  my optical sensor was cracking, fixed partially with a sand/polish job.  Otherwise they have been working pretty well, battery life is still plenty to do 100mile rides or 6hr trail runs.  So... unfortunately I just have to keep waiting to get a new watch, lol

• Got a 235 in December 2016.  October 2020 the screen started blacking out, glitching, and scrambling so she's pretty much done.  Almost 4 years and wore it lots - daily and during all exercise 4-5 times per week.  I think the housing leaked when I was in salt-water and led to the display problem.

• After almost a year, mine is still going strong... Knock on wood! However, as a former owner of several Fitbits, I did buy an extended warranty when I bought my FR235 via Amazon. 

PS. Enjoyed everyone's FR235 longevity stories! 

• 4 years, still going, get about 4-5 days out of the battery but don't wear it during the day.

• FR235 after just about 5 years the battery suddenly degrading a lot. It works a day or so with heart rate monitor on with no GPS. If all the features are switched off and functioning as a regular watch it goes over 24 hours service.

• 6.5 years and counting. There have been times I have only had it on for runs but it's been pretty constant the last 3-4 yrs or so. It is still giood for 4-6 hours of GPS. I really want the 955 but this thing just won't die! :-)

• I have my FR 230 since September 2016, therefore this is year 7 and still working fine!

I am thinking of updating when I see the new amoled screens... Not sure if I should