This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR235 HR Broadcast keeps stopping at random intervals

This is an issue that has bugged me for a while. One feature I love with the FR235 is its ability to broadcast HR to another device via ANT+. This could be another Garmin unit or a phone for example.

For a few months I noticed an infuriating 'feature' that the broadcast keeps stopping. This means I either lose HR recording for my event or re-enable the broadcast. The broadcast will only last a few minutes at most. I have logged this with Garmin support and they sent a replacement FR235 out to me but the new one behaves in exactly the same way.

Just today, I noticed that if I open the Garmin Connect app on my (Samsung Galaxy S6) phone it will do a sync with the watch and as it finishes it disables the HR broadcast. I'm going to do some more investigation to switch off bluetooth from my watch to see how long the broadcast will go with no phone connection.

Anybody else had any experience with FR 235 broadcast?

Dom
  • Any luck finding a fix for this?

• Hi - no.  Still have this problem and think that I've had 2 replacement watches since I posted this.  The only way I can be certain to keep my watch broadcasting is to turn Bluetooth off on my watch before I start.  I do this some of the time but forget most of the time.  When I do turn it off, I then forget to turn it back on again.  It is a pain TBH.  However, I'm generally a massive fan of this watch and do put up with this problem.

• Hi I have the same problem.  My Forerunner 235 stops broadcasting after about 2-3mins? Any ideas on how to fix this.  Rather annoying because dont have the data I need.  Thanks.