This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

speed and pace issue

hello friends just got my garmin 230 , when i go to my activity and then to data screen and then to screen 1 , i usually want in which speed i am running so i kept in field 1 the option of speed,but after keeping that it shows me in which pace im running , so i thought i should change in into pace but still it showed pace , earlier it showed speed but now its not showing in spite if i keep my settings to speed , could anyone please help me what should i do .. thank you

for eg i want to know in which speed im running like 5.5 per km or 4.5 per km
  • for eg i want to know in which speed im running like 5.5 per km or 4.5 per km
    That's pace.

Speed is the rate of displacement expressed as distance covered per fixed interval of time; for example, 10.0 kilometres per hour.

Pace is effectively the same thing expressed as time it takes to cover a fixed distance; for example, 6:00 per kilometre (=10km/h).
  • thank you for ur reply,but iv tried both options then also its showing speed not pace ...
  • Just so we're absolutely clear:

What is the name of the data field you have selected for Field‑1 on Screen‑1? Is it Pace, found under Pace Fields when selecting it?

When you're prepping a Run, but before you start the timer, what appears in Field‑1? Is it ---.- or is it __:__?
  • screen 1- field 1 is distance, field 2 is pace, field 3 is timer
    screen 2 -field 1 is hr max , field 2 is heart rate , average hr

while running on screen it shows distance , pace and timer

but when i run it does not shows pace 5 k an hour or 6 k it shows speed 10 11

was very confused what should i do .

Thanks
  • but when i run it does not shows pace 5 k an hour or 6 k it shows speed 10 11
    The data field is not going to display any units. What is the separator character between 10 and 11?

If it's 10:11, then it's displaying Pace, and it means 10 minutes and 11 seconds per kilometre.

If it's 10.11, then one may be more inclined to believe it's displaying Speed, and that it means 10[SUP]11[/SUP]/[SUB]100[/SUB] kilometres per hour.

In any case, the title of the data field on the screen ought to tell you what it's displaying.

Have you tried putting both Pace and Speed data fields on the same screen?

A 4:20 (per km, since I've set up my FR235 to use metric units) pace means I can cover a kilometre every 4⅓ minutes. There are 13.85 multiples of 4⅓ minutes in an hour, so the same thing can be expressed as 13.9 km/h.
  • can we have 4 screens too ?? i didn't knew this .. lemme check
  • i got it, i did 4 fields,ill check and get back again ... see how much i learnt from u friend .. thanks

lets see what happens :)
  • can we have 4 screens too ?? i didn't knew this .. lemme check

I can help open your eyes even wider :-)

You can get connect IQ field with 5 data fields that are colour coded (eg HR according to Garmin colors and your training zone) and smaller non-important fields (such as time of the date and battery level). I personally use single run field (v4 I think) but there are many other with different layout
  • You can get connect IQ field with 5 data fields
    No. Technically speaking, that is a single data field displaying five (or more) metrics.

What constitutes a data field is defined by Garmin in the context of the data screens for timed activities on its Forerunner device models.
  • thanks ASmugDill today i checked both are working and in different ways :)

thanks Sergey :) just learning every day dear