This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Syncing incorrect time

The joys of owning Garmin product....

Woke up this morning to my watch being 10mins off. Definitely a sync issue as I manually changed the time and then put it back in auto set mode and it reverted back to wrong time after syncing.

E.G. Watch shows 7:30am - Actual 7:40am

Anyone seeing the same?
  • Its an old thread but Identical problem to me - walk outside and everything syncs up again with a new gps signal.  Thanks MAx

• thank you Max this is indeed very helpful i was strugling with my time the whole weekend had to reset it now and again then i decided to check here this morning and now its back on time.

• A very annoying issue but after over 24 hours of changing time zones, switching from automatic to manual time, the GPS method worked within 15 minutes! I think Garmin should look into this!

• I'm just gonna share my method here, after 2 days of frustrations trying out every method and finally found the trick at step 3.

1. Go to Settings > Clock > Set Automatically

2. Go to Activity settings > GPS > GPS + Glonass

3. Here's the trick that works for me, most comments failed to mention:

Go for a run WITHOUT your phone, bluetooth might screw up the watch's ability to detect gps i'm not sure.

Anyway let the watch get GPS acquisition by itself.

Initiate a run activity, wait at the 0:00 distance / 0:00 timer / 0:00 pace screen briefly, there should be a "waiting for gps" signal, once its done your watch should be able to sync to the correct local time. Start the timer, go for a run let the watch record your first run and that's it!

Getting your watch sync with their Connect App is totally another topic, it has nothing to do with fixing this local time issue.

• Had the same issue. Had it in indoors mode. Once I swapped to running outdoors, the GPS was enabled and time was all better. 

• Same issue, solved by going outside and start a gps activity. Nothing else to do. Many thanks :-)

• How do you lock the 235 at night before bed?

• That did it, simple and effective, thank you

• I can’t get mine to stay right. I set it on manual and it still switched back to wrong time. I’ve rebooted, set to auto and had gps, synced and anything else I can find. Very disappointing because I love this watch for workouts. 

• THANK GOODNESS for this thread!  I too was pulling out my hair today over the same issue and went and took a quick walk down the driveway and it is all fixed now!  Was thinking, too, I needed a new watch!  Thank you all!