This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Syncing incorrect time

The joys of owning Garmin product....

Woke up this morning to my watch being 10mins off. Definitely a sync issue as I manually changed the time and then put it back in auto set mode and it reverted back to wrong time after syncing.

E.G. Watch shows 7:30am - Actual 7:40am

Anyone seeing the same?
  • There should be an option under clock for set automatically, which will get the time from GPS.
    If that is set I dont think it should be syncing the time when you sync.
  • Whenever I have woken up and the time is wrong, I have somehow reset the watch during my sleep (by pressing the Backlight button for 15 seconds or more). Syncing does not set your time ... acquiring a GPS signal will however. Go outside, start an activity, get a GPS signal ... when you go back to your time, it should be correct again. Oh, and now I lock my watch before I sleep.

Max
  • Incorrect time

Happened twice and without syncing: time got crazy! (just noticed now it has advanced 1 hour). Perhaps it is related with the use of GPS?

Garmin, I think I will have to buy a new watch...
  • Whenever I have woken up and the time is wrong, I have somehow reset the watch during my sleep (by pressing the Backlight button for 15 seconds or more). Syncing does not set your time ... acquiring a GPS signal will however. Go outside, start an activity, get a GPS signal ... when you go back to your time, it should be correct again. Oh, and now I lock my watch before I sleep.

Max

Just want to say thanks to Max! For the first time ever, my watch time was off 16 minutes this morning. I was restarting it, rebooting my phone and pulling my hair out. Came to this site, found this thread. Took a short walk outside to get a GPS signal and fixed! Here I thought my watch was done for and I'd need to use an app for tonight's run.

Thanks!!!
  • Glad to help! I know your frustration ... I went through the same hair pulling, restarting, resetting to factory default frustration when I first got my watch. It's not entirely intuitive to set the time via GPS instead of a simple sync.

Max
  • There should be an option under clock for set automatically, which will get the time from GPS.
    If that is set I dont think it should be syncing the time when you sync.

Aha, I had forgotten that the "master" clock source is the time previously sysnced by a GPS lock. Thanks, this did fix it up.

Don't know what threw it off in the first place though.
  • Glad to find this thread. But even I've tried to get GPS outside and spent me over 5 minutes, there is still no GPS signals grabbed. Then I need to manual set the time with my watch now.
    BTW, my watch will auto restart when auto-sync with my android phone but no problem with another phone (iPhone), even I've soft/hard reset my FR235 and reinstall GCM with my android phone. So strange.
  • But even I've tried to get GPS outside and spent me over 5 minutes, there is still no GPS signals grabbed.
    The Forerunner‑235 will not attempt to acquire GPS satellite signal if you just leave it displaying the watch face or any widget. You need to prep and/or start a Run, Bike or Other activity (assuming factory settings, specifically regarding for which activity profiles GPS is enabled).
  • Time goes way off

this is 2nd time this has happened. 1st time I noticed time was way off - i went into setting and set the clock to manual - so shouldn't auto sync for time. I went to park to run today at 10:30am - was running about an hour - hit the up button to see time - and it said 9:01am. How does the time change when its set to manual. and now my steps say 404 while the Connect app on my phone shows 14K+. What the heck is going on?!?! FIX THIS GARMIN! :mad:
  • I agree that the GPS lock does fix the time but it's not really good enough that it doesn't just synch with the phone in other cases.

You would think time synch would just be a basic function that since it's connected to a phone would be a be a simple basic requirement of the watch. If I am to connect the watch to the computer it synch perfectly each time... Yet a GPS Signal is not setup. I would guess that somehow the garmin watch has to be setup to be the slave device and take the phone as master source of that were connected.