This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time format and move alert keep resetting

Hi,

I have a 230 and have had no issues with it since I bought it a couple of months ago. However, over the last couple of days it keeps on resetting the time format from 24 hour to 12 hour and also the move alert from off to on without me changing the settings myself. It has done it 3 or 4 times now, and twice in one day. Anyone else had the same issue and if so, have you managed to rectify it?
  • Yeah, mine received an update last week, and I thought that it must be a fix for the problem, but sadly not. I imagine it won’t be fixed until the software update 4.80.

I’ve given up changing it back to 24 hour clock and from miles to kms. I now change it to kms just before I start a run and have not had any issues mid run, but it will usually revert back to miles within a few hours.

It is very frustrating that you pay all this money for a product and the software doesn’t work properly!! That’s usually an Apple/Android thing to do!
  • Same problem here

Got an update this week.
    Units and time format keep resetting to 12 hours and miles.
    Everyting was working well before the last update.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    There was a fix for this issue where Garmin Connect was not saving users settings correctly. The fix for this issue was implemented in late July.

There are several places that users can set their Time/Unit of Measure formats. We recommend checking in the following place in Garmin Connect online:

3 line Menu icon>Devices>Forerunner 235>Under Device Display ensure that the time format and units are correct.

We have had some limited reports of devices still resetting, and so far we have seen that either the Garmin Connect or Garmin Connect Mobile setting was still set to the default value.
  • My Android app received an update midweek (3 or 4 days ago) and so far, my watch time settings and unit settings have all stayed as I set them. Fingers crossed it stays that way!?
  • 4 years later and its still not fixed. Its pretty clear garmin do not test their changes.

• Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Regression testing is an important component of development. I feel very frustrated to have come here because I am having this same issue. I have no doubt that this issue was solved four years ago, but a change to something likely re-introduced this bug. It is driving me bananas. I'm tired of looking down at my watch seeing that my settings have reverted again.

• So, this still haven't been fixed? I'm having Forerunner 35 and the issue started to occurred. The reset happened to time format (24 hrs to 12 hrs), Alert Tone (Off to On), and Backlight (Off to Auto). Anyone has suggestion to solve it?

• My Garmin resets from 24 hr to 12 hr format almost every time I sync. Not always though. Very annoying 

• Do you sync on a pc or on the mobile garmin connect, check user settings in both to see what your time setting is 12 or 24 the device is possibly inheriting the value from there

same with any other settings kms/miles

in the mobile app iOS > more > garmin devices> select fr235 > device settings > system

these will be applied on next sync

• It has been four years and the same thing still happens to me every time I sync to the garmin connect app (forerunner 35)