This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 235 not syncing steps

New to forum, sorry if this has been posted,bu try FR 235 has not synced steps since Thursday (Does sync everything else). Anyone have a problem like this. Thanks.
  • Had this problem yesterday in that the number of steps is shown on my laptop , though this doesn't filter through to other screens and is not shown on my iPad or weekly summary. Keeps inviting me to sync but I did many, many times yesterday. Todays steps seem to be recording okay but yesterday's still absent.
  • similar problem here

the steps are showing in the steps widget on Connect but are not being added to the total for reports/graphs/challenges etc.
  • yeah - step count from run didn't get added for me today. It has been working fine so far.

At the end of the run today, I noticed a freeze, then the screen went blank with just Garmin across - then it came back to the Run summary. I clicked on Save and the activity got saved properly but step count didnt update
  • Same for me. I have lost already last 30k steps on Sunday (it would have been my personal record since I have the watch) and today's steps.
    Has anyone found a workaround?
  • are the steps still showing on the watch? If so it could be a Garmin Connect issue which they might resolve,

CW
  • are the steps still showing on the watch? If so it could be a Garmin Connect issue which they might resolve,

CW

Yes, the steps are still showing in the watch. However I don't know how much capacity it has.
    At one point if the issue is not solved, the old steps count are going to be overwritten and they will be lost.
  • Same problem for me, I've got 3 days missing. There doesn't seem to be a way to "force" it to update. I've tried syncing several times, both over bluetooth and with the garmin express. Neither works. Really annoying, does anyone from Garmin respond to these ever?

Cheers

Matt
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Garmin has received reports of missing step data from their accounts. Some users will see the data online, but not in the app. The website team is aware and working on this issue. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.
  • cable creek

Hi GFM1011,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately my data is also missing online as well as in the App. I can't remember how long data is kept on my watch but I would really like for this to be dealt with before I lose the information.

Or is there an alternative method to upload the data perhaps?

Thanks

Matt
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Hey Matt,

The website team has indicated that they have resolved the root cause and we should expect to see that any new step uploads will appear in your account. The missing data from previous days is in your account, they are continuing to work through the backlog so that all the steps display correctly in all areas of the website and app. I don't know how long it will take them to finish processing all the data, but they are working on it as a high priority issue. We don't expect any data to be lost as it has already been uploaded it just isn't displaying correctly. We recommend that you continue to sync your device normally either through Garmin Express or the GCM app.