This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pausing directly after start of a run

Hi there,
On my forerunner 620 I had it once in a while (right at the start of a race :( ), but with my new 235 I have it every single run...

I get a gps ready signal, wait some more to be sure gps is fine.
I start my run, and almost directly it pauses for a few seconds, and starts again after that pause.
the rest of the run there is no problem.

Anyone else has this?
  • I get a gps ready signal, wait some more to be sure gps is fine.
    I start my run, and almost directly it pauses for a few seconds, and starts again after that pause.
    What are your auto-pause settings? You may want to disable auto-pause, and see if that resolves the issue for you.
  • Hi there,
    On my forerunner 620 I had it once in a while (right at the start of a race :( ), but with my new 235 I have it every single run...

I get a gps ready signal, wait some more to be sure gps is fine.

Anyone else has this?

That's weird, doesn't sound normal. I have auto-pause on and don't have that issue... usually walk a few mins before running and let it stay at the run screen during that walk (making sure gps fix and hr is properly gotten) but after starting it it works as expected.

Tried a factory reset?
  • What are your auto-pause settings? You may want to disable auto-pause, and see if that resolves the issue for you.

I have autopause "when stopped" (or something, i'm Dutch ;-) ) enabled.
    I'll give it a try with autopause off.
    (and if that doesn't solve it, a factory reset)
  • I have only tried auto pause once and I had the same issue as the OP. I quickly turned it off and carried on. Might give it another go today.
  • i switched autopause to off, and my problem seems to be solved.
    but... i like autopause, so i hope this will be fixed in a future update.
  • Same happens to me

Hi,
    Exactly the same problem happens to me. Right after start (a couple of seconds after), it auto-pauses for 4-5 sec regardless of my speed. However, it started doing so in every run since 30 days ago. It could be related to the upgrade version.
    I am investigating if it can be related to the autopause parameter. I had autopause if pace< 8'/Km. but it is strange anyway.
    I see also that when I use the external HR chestband, it does not happen or at least it happens much less frequently.
    Please, if the solution is found, post it.
    Regards
  • I have the same experience. I have auto pause on (too many stop lights!).

I press "start" as I start running, but the watch goes momentarily into auto pause, then restarts. Maybe it's because I haven't started running prior to pressing start?
  • I have the same experience. I have auto pause on (too many stop lights!).

Maybe it's because I haven't started running prior to pressing start?

That's exactly why
  • so we have to be moving already and only then press start?
    (that wasn't necessary with the 620).
  • Well, the watch is doing what you asked (in the limited ways you can ask), isn't it?

so we have to be moving already and only then press start?
    That makes sense, since you asked the watch to auto-pause when stopped, i.e. when it determines that your speed is close to zero, doesn't it?

The few times I've tried using auto-pause (below a certain pace threshold, and not ‘When Stopped’) on the FR235, I was always walking towards where I wanted to start my tracked run, so the pace was well above the auto-pause threshold when I pressed to start tracking, and the condition for triggering auto-pause was not met.