This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email in smart notifications.

Hi there.
I cant seem to view emails through smart notifications on watch. Everything a else seems fine. I'm using Gmail and have it enabled through the app also. Any ideas?
  • Hi there.
    I cant seem to view emails through smart notifications on watch. Everything a else seems fine. I'm using Gmail and have it enabled through the app also. Any ideas?

I have the same problem maybe someone can give us some help on this one
  • It's fine here :-S when you say you can't view them can you see them but not view them or do they simply not appear? Have you tried restarting the watch and repairing with GCM. Also is GCM up to date?

CW
  • If you are on an iPhone:

Settings>Notifications>Mail>Enable "Show in notification centre" for each mail account
  • Do you mean you got the notification but cannot drill down into the message content?

Firstly, are you receiving new e-mail notifications on your watch at all?

I'm using Windows Phone 10 with the Garmin Connect Mobile app running on it, and the watch remains connected to the handset over Bluetooth. I just sent myself a test message from another mail account to my Gmail account, and the notification popped up almost immediately on my watch – the same notification that appears in my phone's notification centre.

When such a notification arrives (and the bottom fifth of the watch screen is showing ▾Dismiss), press to bring up the first few lines of the mail message. However, you most likely won't be able to see the message content in its entirety.
  • It's fine here :-S when you say you can't view them can you see them but not view them or do they simply not appear? Have you tried restarting the watch and repairing with GCM. Also is GCM up to date?

CW

Can't see notifications at all, have restarted and all software/firmware is updated.

CW

Can't see notifications at all, have restarted and all software/firmware is updated.
  • If you are on an iPhone:

Settings>Notifications>Mail>Enable "Show in notification centre" for each mail account

Not on Iphone, but this done it for me for Gmail on Samsun galaxy. settings: account: Notifications: tick the send notifictaion when email arrives.

Remember and go into Garmin connect: Settings: Smart notifications and turn on email notifications also.
  • Many thanks for the assistance all sorted now:)
  • Email

If you are on an iPhone:

Thanks Nakhe

Sorted now it was notifications in my iphone .
  • Did you find a solution? Now i am suffering from the same thing. Other notifications like a sms and mobile messenger are on display without any problem. But only problem is Gmail. My phone is Samsung's galaxy