This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't set date, time is wrong when set automatically

My new Forerunner 235 has the wrong date and time.

Choosing "Set automatically" in the clock options should give the correct time but after syncing it is wrong.

I can set the correct time manually but if I turn on "set automatically" and then sync the watch it will change to the WRONG time.

I can't find anywhere to set the date. It is currently 3 days in the past.

The watch is new and is running version 3.20 of the firmware. I have synced it both with a Windows PC (Garmin Express software) and with an Android mobile phone (Garmin Connect app).
  • Watch froze and now no GPS

Is Garmin going to provide an official response to these issues with the GPS that people are having on this forum? I have been using the device since Sunday, today it froze and after a reset it will not longer pick up a GPS signal. I'm going to try a software update, reset to defaults later. If that doesn't work it's being returned.
  • Is Garmin going to provide an official response to these issues with the GPS that people are having on this forum?
    That is entirely at Garmin's discretion, but it does not have any obligation to do so, and I see no valid reason for you or anyone to expect that it will. You may prefer to engage Garmin in this forum, but this was neither intended nor announced as an official service/support channel.

You can contact Garmin directly for service issues at http://www8.garmin.com/contact-us/ – outside of anyone else's view – if you want to reasonably expect a reply as a customer.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    Same Issue

I was having this issue before and Garmin wasn't able to fix it, so they replaced the device. I've had the new one for about 2 weeks and now having the exact same issue. Has any one figured out a way to resolve it?
  • So no way to set the date and day of the week yourself

I was on the phone today with Garmin today and he told me the reason that my watch says Wednesday the 20th on Friday the 21st is because I haven't run with it yet or acquired a GPS signal. Well I went outside when I got home and I sat outside for a good 5 minutes, and it was at 3 bars, but I have no idea if that means I got signal or not. In any event, I'm finally going to try this device out tomorrow for the first time and hope that this will correct the problem.

After owning this for a week, I have to say I am less than impressed with the manuals and the instructions they provide. This is not an intuitive device at all. I'm sure there is a learning curve for everything but I'm starting to wonder if I should have switched from Polar after all.

Any guidance on this date/time thing would be appreciated.
  • All the date/time settings are automatically set once a good GPS signal is received. Take a look at page 11 of the manual http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Forerunner_230_OM_EN.pdf. If you can't get a good GPS signal, you might need to restore to default settings and try again.
  • I was on the phone today with Garmin today and he told me the reason that my watch says Wednesday the 20th on Friday the 21st is because I haven't run with it yet or acquired a GPS signal. Well I went outside when I got home and I sat outside for a good 5 minutes, and it was at 3 bars, but I have no idea if that means I got signal or not. In any event, I'm finally going to try this device out tomorrow for the first time and hope that this will correct the problem.

After owning this for a week, I have to say I am less than impressed with the manuals and the instructions they provide. This is not an intuitive device at all. I'm sure there is a learning curve for everything but I'm starting to wonder if I should have switched from Polar after all.

Any guidance on this date/time thing would be appreciated.

You know if you got a GPS signal when it beeps and says "GPS Ready" and you see green bars (soon after you have started an activity like Run). You should also be able to tell if you got a signal if your time/date has corrected itself. If you are not getting a signal, then go into your activities settings and make sure that GPS is turned on. Don't have my watch handy right now (it's charging) but I think it is: SETTINGS/ACTIVITIES SETTINGS/GPS

Max
  • Currently I am facing this issue!

I moved my full report cause I found a more specific question here:
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/running/forerunner-735xt-aa/145584-?p=1339599#post1339599
  • I had the same issue. My forerunner 235 froze and on restarting it started to display the wrong date and time. 

Started an outdoor run and went out of the building, as soon as it connect to GPS, the date and time were set right.