This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replace or remove a Connect IQ field on any data screen to add another...

Former Member
Former Member
Have an issue when trying to add a Connect IQ field where the error message is: "Replace or remove a Connect IQ field on any data screen to add another".

The thing is that I don't have any installed however, the settings menu shows "2/2 Added".

Under the original watch S/W that came with the watch 2.?? - I did try adding one Connect IQ field and it didn't work. So I just added the normal Garmin fields instead.

The watch thinks that there are Connect IQ fields (2 of them) installed when there isn't...

How can I find out where the existing Connect IQ fields have been installed and remove/replace them?
  • How many data fields have you got showing on each page?

If not 4 suggest set to 4 and see if one has been "hiding".
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    How many data fields have you got showing on each page?
    If not 4 suggest set to 4 and see if one has been "hiding".

Thanks - that was what I thought... however, both (configurable) Data Screens were showing 4 fields (all Garmin internal).

What I did was uninstall all the IQ Connect Data Fields... then reinstall - which seemed to reset the counter back to 0/2 and was then able to add as normal.

Thanks for your help.
  • Is four possible?  I also hit the limit of 2.  Is there any Garmin documentation about this?

• The limit is 2 active IQ DataFields. Doesn't seem to be mentioned in docs.

So you can't have more, but you can create or find a single IQ DataField which displays more data and use it with 1 field layout - then a watch displays 1 field, but that field having whole screen can draw on it few values.

Unless you have the problem from this thread, then try what's suggested above.