This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosport - Activities not syncing

Hi,

For the past few days my activities are not syncing. For walking activities everyday from Nov. 29 to Dec. 3, only Nov. 30's data synced. My device is showing data for all these walks, but I can't get them to show up on Connect.

I tried to upload by connecting the device to PC and syncing using Garmin Express - nothing changed.

On PC, I manually uploaded the single activity file I has in GARMIN/ACTIVITY folder to the Connect website, which added the Dec 3 walk but not the others.

Attempting to fix the file on http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ gives an error. I have attached the file if anyone wants to take a look.

The vivosport device still shows the other walks, but without their activity .fit files, I can't manually upload them.

Everything else seems to be working fine, and I have recorded activities in the past without issue.

Have folks here run into this issue? If so, are there any fixes/workarounds?

Thanks,
- A.K.S.

AC3K0200.zip

• Try a manual upload to Garmin Connect Web. I was able to successfully upload the FIT file that you attached.

• With your Garmin device connected to your computer
    • Open the drive associated with your device.
    • Look for your FIT file under the \GARMIN\ACTIVITY folder
    • Drag and drop the file on to the Garmin Connect Import Data page.

Some of the Garmin devices such as the Vivosport limited storage capacity (7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data). It is often suggested that after syncing, to regularly clean out the \GARMIN\ACTIVITY folder on the device using these directions: Removing Recorded Activities to Free Up Space on a Garmin Fitness Device

Possibly corrupt files contained within that folder are preventing normal sync processing

• Hi Selio,

Thanks for the suggestion. Doing that indeed uploads today’s activity (Dec. 3) but still leaves the other 3 days that my device tells me is still somewhere inside it.

Is it possible that this activity file contains data for multiple activities?

- A.K.S.

• Is it possible that this activity file contains data for multiple activities?

1 fit file per activity. Are there no other fit files on your device? Also, I edited my post.

• There is only that one file in the ACTIVITY folder. There are other .fit files elsewhere. Here's a look at all the files and folders on my device:

PS E:\> tree /f /a
    Folder PATH listing for volume GARMIN
    Volume serial number is 0000-0000
    E:.
    |   ERR_LOG.TXT
    |   AUTORUN.INF
    |
    \---GARMIN
        |   NOTICE.TXT
        |   GarminDevice.xml
        |   DEVICE.FIT
        |   SNS_ERR.BIN
        |
        +---REMOTESW
        |       EPO.BIN
        |
        +---TEXT
        |       DANISH.LNG
        |       DUTCH.LNG
        |       FINNISH.LNG
        |       FRENCH.LNG
        |       GERMAN.LNG
        |       ITALIAN.LNG
        |       NORWEGIA.LNG
        |       PORTUGUE.LNG
        |       SPANISH.LNG
        |       SWEDISH.LNG
        |       BRAZILIA.LNG
        |
        +---ACTIVITY
        |       AC3K0200.FIT
        |
        +---DEBUG
        +---GPS
        +---SETTINGS
        |       SETTINGS.FIT
        |
        +---SPORTS
        |       0RRUN.FIT
        |       2CBIKE.FIT
        |       4CARDIO.FIT
        |       5GENERIC.FIT
        |       6WALKING.FIT
        |       7REP.FIT
        |
        +---NEWFILES
        +---RECORDS
        |       RECORDS.FIT
        |
        +---METRICS
        +---CHNGLOG
        |       CHNGLOG.FIT
        |
        +---SLEEP
        |       SC3M2030.FIT
        |       SC3M2131.FIT
        |       SC3M2315.FIT
        |       SC3M2349.FIT
        |       SC3N5945.FIT
        |       SC400000.FIT
        |       SC400006.FIT
        |       SC4G5330.FIT
        |       SC4G5431.FIT
        |       SC3J5744.FIT
        |
        \---MONITOR
                MC3N5945.FIT
                MC400000.FIT
                MC400006.FIT
                MC4G5330.FIT
                MC4G5431.FIT

PS E:\>

I have 'view hidden files' on, so there shouldn't be any files we cannot see up there. Since the only activity file can be read by Garmin Connect on web, I am not sure there is a corrupt file issue in the GARMIN/ACTIVITY folder.

I do not know if what I can see about the other activities on my device is just the summary or if the full data exists in one of the other folders.

I had even tried creating small (~5-10 sec) timed activities, hoping that syncing them would push through older activity records, but no luck. My next timed activity will overwrite meaningful data - as you pointed out, the device can keep only 7 timed activities on device.