This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivosport - post v4.20? - HR dropping partway through runs

I've have mostly been loving my vivosport. But lately, as my distances have started increasing, I've noticed that sometimes my heart rate climbs fairly steadily for the first part of the run, then drops abruptly, and settles in for a more-reasonable range of the rest of the run. The average works out to something believeable; well, something similar to the runs where it doesn't drop down. I thought it might be the latest SW update but I've had issues in late March which was before this latest firmware (I think). I haven't been able to find a correlation with temperature (most of my runs ahve been -10C to -5C since this happened but not every run has the problem) or duration or effort. Any thoughts?  I've attached an example - drop occurred about 27 minutes in with no obvious change in pace. (The drops in pace before that were dog-related as he came along for the first 15' minutes).

• To update (and bump) this post, this same error happened on yesterday's +20C run. At 8:15, my heart rate was (apparently) 150bpm and by 9:01 was 96bpm without changing my pace or pausing the run. The watch was snugly fitted above the wrist bones. I see another sudden drop about 4 runs before this. I'm confused why it does this and why it doesn't do it consistently.

• Hi - I have exactly the same, during several runs. Did you find a solution? Thanks!

• No, I haven't! Did it again on my run yesterday. But not the few before it. Weather conditions and running intensity similar. Sometimes I put the band on a bit tighter, sometimes on my left wrist, sometimes on my right. Nothing seems to make it obvious better or worse. I'm not sure why it is happening. Doesn't seem to be related to temperature or level of intensity. So I don't have a solution yet.