This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Step count

For the past week, my step total on my Vivosport wearable is not displaying correctly on Garmin Connect.  I'm recovering from spinal fusion surgery and walking is an important part of my recovery and I want to accurately track my progress.  At this time my walking is limited to my steps in walking in the house.  Yesterday, my wearable shows step total of 2038 steps.  I synced with Connect before going to bed and it showed the same as my watch.  This morning Connect shows 1586 for steps yesterday.  How did Connect lose over 500 steps.  I tried to sync again and no change.  I'm on version 4.0.  This is not the first day this has happened and seems to have started when I updated to the latest version.  Any suggestions....

• Did you ever get a response? I lose up to 3000 steps a day and it pisses me off. 

Thank you!

• Frequently my steps go on my watch from for example 7000 to zero. How is that possible? I do not touch any button but the steps dissapear and start on zero again.

• Same issue here with yesterday's steps. Any solution?

• Today I walked 7 km and I had more than 12000 steps. Suddenly they were gone and my watch started on 0 again. Also the data on the floors (up/ down) where gone. The watch must see that when I walked so much there must be steps. The data at the walking activity give no steps. Why can't this be fixed by Garmin. So I never catch my goal. Sorry if not all my sentences are correct, but I am from the Netherlands. I hope there will be a solution to this problem. Garmin is not given any response. 

• Did you ever get a fix for this?  Mine is doing the same and it is immensely frustrating.  It freezes on a step count and won't start again until after I stop my activity or move to another screen.  It is so annoying that I am ready to burn my Garmin!

• I suppose you can say I fixed the problem.  About a week ago I bought a Galaxy smart watch, the 46mm face. Love it! It actually counts my step! How novel is that?? Lol.

I understand things break or wear out, but what I don't understand is that no one in Garmin tech support can fix anything. I'm not sure why they have a tech support at all.

Too harsh?

I think it wouldn't be if I didn't spend over $300 for a fitness watch that cant count steps. That's kind of what they are supposed to do. Wouldn't you be mad if you bought a radio that played 82% of every song?? WTF? 

Anyway, I'm happy with the Samsung. Check out their watch faces you can download. They are pretty cool. Ok, by Garmin!