This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosport 2 - Any rumours / ideas ?

Has anyone heard anything on an upgrade to the current vivosport?

My partner would be interested in getting a Garmin device, but the VA3 is too large for her tiny wrist.
Any idea, rumours etc if Garmin is working on a Vivosport 2?
The Vivosport form factor + some of the smart features of the VA3 would be great for her (training plan on the watch?)

Please let me know if you know anything.
  • A successor to the current Vivosport would be great, and I expect that Garmin know that the Vivosport was a very good seller, so no doubt there is already one in the making!

I'm really loving these colour "always on" Chrono displays from Garmin, but I do wish they'd made the one on the Vivosport just ever so slightly bigger, maybe 1" - 1.2", but definitely smaller than the Vivoactive HR, that beast was a tad on the hench side.
    Completely agree with you about the form factor, it's definitely my most worn watch, and I own a lot of Garmin watches, more than I dare to admit!

My list of improvements for Vivosport 2 would be:
    1. Slightly bigger screen, but stick with transflective lcd as it feels so natural to look at and much easier to read when out in the field in daylight.
    2. A few more watch face options, rather than the 5 options that are currently available.
    3. Please sort out the bluetooth connection on ALL your watches, I really would expect better after parting with so much money.
    4. Make the device modulated, like on the Vivofit, where you can remove the device module from the strap (for cleaning and interchanging straps).

I guess that last point may push this device over the line from fitness tracker to smartwatch, but having a non interchangeable strap does worry me and after nearly a year of ownership I can already see A LOT of wear around the strap, especially the bezel near the screen.
  • Totally agree. I love my vivosport, but the lack of interchangeable bands is a HUGE negative. It is one of the reasons I'm considering the Fitbit Charge 3. If Garmin had replaceable bands like Fitbit, I wouldn't even be looking at the Charge 3 because I find the Garmin devices to be so much more reliable than Fitbit. But not being able to change or replace bands is a big issue. My vivosport band is also well worn down at this point after nearly a year of use and I wish I could replace it. Honestly the device appears to be held into the band by a few screws. I"m not sure why Garmin doesn't sell replacement bands that you could screw the Vivosport into. Just a thought.
  • Could not agree more. Aside from the MS Band 2 (superior other than the uniformly defective band), this is the best fitness tracker w/ GPS. I'd love one with VO2.

I have years of Garmin data in Connect and am sure I could export to another app and go Fitbit but the ability to collect cycling data through the Edge and running through the VSport keeps me in this ecosystem.
  • ... Aside from the MS Band 2 (superior other than the uniformly defective band), t....

Aside note: I absolutely loved the MS Band 2 form factor and capability... A pity they killed it and it had a "dodgy" band material. I had Band v1 then Band v2 and was ready for v3...
    I used mine as long as I could but eventually the band did split (and the glue didn't hold ;-) .

• I had Band v1 then Band v2 and was ready for v3...

Same here. If they put a 3 out now, I'd go and buy it, too!
  • A new Vivosport with replaceable band would be great. The whole design is good but not being able to change the wrist band is a pain..
  • A successor to the current Vivosport would be great, and I expect that Garmin know that the Vivosport was a very good seller...

1. Slightly bigger screen

Was it a good seller because people liked the fact that it was small though?

I hate wearing a watch and I bought the Vivosport BECAUSE it was small (and had all the features I wanted). So if you go making it bigger it becomes another beast entirely.
  • I like the bracelet form factor, since I also prefer to use a traditional wrist watch, but the VS is not sufficient for my needs. I log daily training sessions using a Fenix 5, and I use it to track activities and sleep. I use all of the Firstbeat metrics in the F5 to guide my training. I do phased sessions and I do multi sport. I do pretty much everything the F5 is up to. But I miss using one of my nice traditional watches, and would love to see a sophisticated multi-sports bracelet with functionalities like the F5. I bought the VS in an attempt to use it in combination with a watch, but it do not offer sufficient accuracy (lacking external HR) and enough of metrics.

I am willing to pay a premium for this, assuming good materials used, straps that can be exchanged, external HR straps that can be connected, and well thought through use cases for serious multi sports. I am willing to accept shorter battery time compared to the F5 (smaller battery for size). I am also willing to accept a slightly larger size (but not the size of the VAHR - that I also own and did find too big).

What I am wishing for is basically a Fenix in a bracelet format (with regards to limitations due to size and form).
  • Still no Vivosport 2, or even something close. 

I don’t mind a watch for gym activity, but I usually wear a traditional watch during the day, so the vivosport form factor is perfect. 

• Agreed, still waiting...