This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pulse Oxygen Sleep Record Ends at ~ 3 AM?

Been using a Vivosmart 4 for over a year now. Paired to my iPhone 13 Pro (and before that a 12-something) running Connect v4.50.0.20 I can't get a Pulse Oxygen number any later than about 3:30 AM for any night's sleep record.

Is there some setting that would allow a full night's record of this? I routinely sleep from ~ 9:45 PM until a 5:30 AM alarm on weekdays, maybe 6 or 6:30 AM on weekends but the pulse ox numbers stop at roughly the same time every night.

Seems ~ 6 hours is all it'll 'remember' then offload to the app. Why's that?

• Does the same thing for me but only recorded 4 hrs out of 8. Maybe it hits cancel by accident

• Nah, it’s a bug.

My record quits at almost exactly the same time every dang morning, within two or three minutes: 3:37 AM without fail. No possible way it’s getting cancelled, more like some buffer issue or battery life-preserving coding.

I’d do some screen captures, post ‘em here but it takes three fingers to do that so the time-stamp shows in the Garmin app. I’m having no luck working out which three to use to get that done….

• Hello! This is by design. The Vivosmart 4 can only measure your pulse oxygen levels for up to 4 hours during your defined sleep window.

Activating Pulse Oximeter Sleep Tracking

• OK that's pretty much what I'd guessed given its hard-stop timing of the end of recording nightly.

That I purchased my Vivosmart 4 at the beginning of the COVID pandemic in early in 2020 specifically to track blood oxygen levels leaves me feeling I'm not getting the full value of this technology. Perhaps this timing aspect could be made user-addressable in some future software update? So a user more focused on this aspect could reallocate resources for a full 24 hour record?

Or can might you suggest another Garmin device that has such a capability please?

• OK that's pretty much what I'd guessed given its hard-stop timing of the end of recording nightly.

That I purchased my Vivosmart 4 at the beginning of the COVID pandemic in early in 2020 specifically to track blood oxygen levels leaves me feeling I'm not getting the full value of this technology. Perhaps this timing aspect could be made user-addressable in some future software update? So a user more focused on this aspect could reallocate resources for a full 24 hour record?

Or can might you suggest another Garmin device that has such a capability please?

Most of our devices have the all night pulse ox feature. The only ones that record for 4 hours during the night is the Lily, Vivosmart 4, and Vivomove 3/3S.