This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Windows 10 does not recognize Vivosmart 4 - Unknown Device, No USB Driver

My VivoSmart 4 is not found by Garmin Express.  I have newest version of Express (V7.8.1.0). The Vivosmart 4 does NOT appear as a mapped Mass storage device on my Windows 10 PC. Device Manager shows me it as an Unknown Device. The Update Driver option finds no drivers on the PC and does not find USB drivers under the Garmin Express programs folder. I cannot find a current Win10 USB driver available from Garmin Support. The Old drivers mentioned are from 2015 and are referring to Win7 OS! The USB drivers for this device are not downloaded as part of Garmin Express install. I can NOT attach and upload data from my VivoSmart on my Windows 10 PC. Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue.

• I had the same problem. While the device is plugged in, go to Windows Update and check for updates. There should be a box that says something like optional updates. Check the box and it should show something like Garmin Bus driver. Check that box and click on update. After updating, you should be able to add the device.