This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto tracking keeps starting for no reason

Auto tracking keeps starting, even when I'm not wearing the device. Any suggestions on how to fix? I've turned auto tracking off in the app, but it keeps starting. 

• Version 4.37.1.5

Just recently my Garmin is waking me up at night repeatedly because it thinks I am walking (during my normal bed time which is set in User Settings). I have had it for about a year and never had this problem before.

Activity tracking is on. Move IQ is on. Auto Activity Start is on (walk 10 min). Move Alert is off. Do Not Disturb During Sleep is ON. No alarms.

• Hello, can you sync the device with Garmin Express to be sure its updated. Then can you go ahead an do a reset on the device and pair it back to the phone. 

• I had this problem the last few days.  An activity was auto starting every 3 minutes.  I had mice IQ on, but auto activity off.  I shut off move Iq — didn’t help.

I did a reset on the device l, then followed these directions to re-pair and it seems to have stopped.

I hope this can get fixed so that it doesn’t happen again.  It drains the battery if you don’t notice— then it is dead when you actually what to use it.

• Thank you, has it happened again since you reset the device?

• I am having the same issue. Auto activity start and move IQ was enabled. I disabled both (based on other comments below). My app version is 4.39. 

• My vivio active 3 has just begun doing the same thing. I have no idea how to stop

• Any solution?

viviosmart 4 auto walk starts every 5 minutes while I am sitting. 

• Same problem. I found putting it on charge for 10 minutes clears it.

• Garmin are incredibly arrogant to not include a power off function. Powering off and on would likely solve several issues with the device, but Garmin seem to think the devices have no issues and therefore don't require this functionality. They are obviously mistaken. I'm not prepared to factory reset my device and risk losing my data every time this issue crops up - I've had it less than a week and this auto tracking nonsense has already started! Fix this issue Garmin!

• Turn off MOVE IQ and start all activities manually. Solves a whole lot of problems.

I've got 1 each Vivosmart 4  for my Wife, Son, and myself, and that solved all these problems.

I have the same problem with MOVE IQ on my Vivoacvtive 4. Turned it off. Problems went away.