This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto tracking keeps starting for no reason

Auto tracking keeps starting, even when I'm not wearing the device. Any suggestions on how to fix? I've turned auto tracking off in the app, but it keeps starting. 

• I apologize, Yes, the auto activity start. Let's disable that and move IQ and see if the device starts any activities over the next few hours.

• Did the below step help? I'm also facing the same issue which just started.

• I tried the steps mentioned but didn't help at all. Can you suggest or fix this as an update? Im really contemplating returning the tracker if it's not fixed in couple of days.

• HI Can you sync your device with the computer application Garmin Express then may I ask you to reset the watch to defaults and tell me if you are still experiencing this issue. 

• That did stop it from going off randomly. But of course now it doesn't auto start an activity when I actualy go for a walk. 

• I had this same problem this evening. My device auto-started recording me running when it was on the table next to me. I have reset the factory defaults and now it is unable to connect to my phone via bluetooth although bluetooth is switched on on my phone. Please could you help me to fix this.

• Hello! To get the device to pair back to the phone. Please follow the below. 

First, Remove the Garmin Device from Garmin Connect Mobile

1. Open the Connect Mobile app
      1. Android - Tap the 3 lines in the upper left corner
      2. iPhone - Tap More
    2. Touch Garmin Devices
    3. Touch the name of your device
    4. Touch the three dots in the top right corner
    5. Touch Remove Device
    6. Confirm you want to Remove the Device

Next, Remove the Garmin Device from your Mobile Phone’s Bluetooth Settings:

1. Go into Settings
    2. Locate Bluetooth
    3. Locate the Garmin Device listed in your Bluetooth Settings
    4. Remove/Unpair/Forget the Garmin Device from the Phone’s Bluetooth Settings
    5. Confirm the Garmin Device is no longer listed in the Phone’s Bluetooth Settings
    6. Turn off your Phone’s Bluetooth
    7. Restart your Phone
    8. Turn Bluetooth Back On

Lastly, Pair your Garmin Device with Garmin Connect Mobile:

1. Open Garmin Connect Mobile
      1. Android - Tap the 3 lines in the upper left corner
      2. iPhone - Tap More
    2. Go to Garmin Devices
    3. Touch Add Device
    4. Tap Browse All Compatible Devices
    5. Tap vivo
    6. Tap vivosmart 4
    7. You now need to get your Garmin Watch into Pairing Mode:
      1. Double-tap the screen to wake it up
      2. Press the device ‘button’ to access the menu
      3. Swipe and Select the Phone icon
      4. Tap on the Sync icon (arrows moving in a circle)
    8. When the phone says: vivosmart 4 found! Tap CONNECT IT
    9. Enter in the 6-digit code displayed on your vivosmart 4 into the Garmin App
    10. Tap Pair
    11. Finish Completing Setup

You Are Now Paired!

• Vivosport starts tracking activity when I am sitting still.

• Didnt help. Going to try a factory reset next - if not I will attempt to return the device. Constantly putting itself into Autostart mode even when I am not wearing it. 

Paired to Android, Samsung S10
    SW 5.00, TSC 2.20, SNS 5.03, NET 4.71 

• Amber, I have turned off all auto tracking and the device initiates activity tracking every 5 minutes.