This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Broadcasting wrong heart rates

I use my vivosmart 4 to broadcast hr to Edge 130. Few days ago I noticed that it sends completely impossible data.

I was going uphill and it was measuring like I'm laying on the couch!

I started cycling activity from the band and the measurements were how the should be... In the red.

After this I started broadcasting again and the hr was OK but after some time the data was wrong again...

I am with 4.20 software version. Anyone with the same problem? 

• This product is a real POC. When cycling, my Vivosmart HR is off by 30-40 beats compared to what my Garmin chest strap/Edge is measuring.

• It is no good when you tighten your muscles, like holding on to your handlebars. My Apple Watch does a much better job. However for running my Vivosmart HR matches my AW HR.

• I've tried wearing it looser, tighter, rebooting the damn thing. It's really not suited for use as a HR monitor..

• For the last couple of weeks my vivosmart 4 is more constant. I noticed that it is working better when it's tighter. I dont have other HR sensor so I can't tell about the accuracy but at least the HR is more logical to the what I feel :)

There are sudden drops in the HR readings that last from few seconds to around a minute. This might happen 1-2 times per 2-3 hours training or may no occur at all. 

• I have the same and was wondering if I should submit a separate post about it. My HR is higher when I go for a walk than when I do a high intensity training, it’s ridiculous. It’s like the HR drops when my actual heart rate goes up. I thought maybe it’s the increased redness or dampness of the skin (sweat)? I tried tightening the band, loosening.. I do a warming up, then slowly my HR readings start to drop to a level at which I’m sitting on the couch and once my cooldown starts it goes up again. I’m not expecting ECG readings for an activity tracker, but this is clearly a bug. 

• What kind of training. As I wrote earlier is not doing well on tightened muscles. Mine does fine with running, but not Body Pump class. I think it is a general problem with optical HR sensors, though my Apple Watch does a seemingly good job at it, but I haven't compared with a chest strap.

• I bought my vivomove HR 2yrs ago and had no problems with heart rate measurement  during high intensity cardio exercise and weights. In the last 3 months the watch is having trouble measuring my heart rate like before. Sometimes it 'loses' the measurement mid exercise and takes 10min to find it again. My actual heart rate is well over 140bpm yet the watch says 70bpm!! It must be a software problem!!

Heart rate measurement works well if your arms are not moving very much, which explains a more accurate reading when you walk as compared to high intensity exercise. Please fix this problem, Garmin!

• I'm having the opposite situation. On one wrist I am wearing a vivosmart 4 and on the other I have a garmin venu. While stationary rowing at a consistent pace, the vivosmart hovers around 170 while the venu hovers around 120. I can casually have a conversation so I'm thinking the venu is more accurate. Not sure why the significant gap but it's throwing off all my stats: body battery, stress, calories, vo2max, etc.