When is the Vivosmart 5 expected to come out?

I have been tempted to go from my Apple Watch to the Vivosmart 4 due to it's slender form factor. However, I know that the VS4 does less than AW and is also over a year old now. Any idea as to when the Vivosmart 5 might be coming out?

Parents
  • I have an Apple Watch in the drawer, I think. Much prefer the vivosmart 4 form factor and the minimalist design. The firmware and Garmin Connect app need some refinement, but I can't imagine really needing a vivosmart 5, except maybe a spec bump, if anything (4s anyone?) . I'd like a brighter screen, enough battery life to support an always-on display, and of course there's always room for improvement on the sensors. I only want a fitness tracker. It is my first fitness tracker though. Got sick of the Apple Watch. I just want a way to collect my health data.

Like others have suggested, one cannot really compare the two. One is a smart watch, and the other is a fitness tracker. Apples and oranges. I purchased my Apple Watch used so it was relatively cheap. Single day battery life really drove me up the wall, too. The vivosmart 4 apparently lasts a week... you just can't book a Uber or whatever people buy their smart watches for.

• I have an Apple Watch in the drawer, I think. Much prefer the vivosmart 4 form factor and the minimalist design. The firmware and Garmin Connect app need some refinement, but I can't imagine really needing a vivosmart 5, except maybe a spec bump, if anything (4s anyone?) . I'd like a brighter screen, enough battery life to support an always-on display, and of course there's always room for improvement on the sensors. I only want a fitness tracker. It is my first fitness tracker though. Got sick of the Apple Watch. I just want a way to collect my health data.

Like others have suggested, one cannot really compare the two. One is a smart watch, and the other is a fitness tracker. Apples and oranges. I purchased my Apple Watch used so it was relatively cheap. Single day battery life really drove me up the wall, too. The vivosmart 4 apparently lasts a week... you just can't book a Uber or whatever people buy their smart watches for.

Children