Vivosmart 4 heart rate is a pinball machine since the update 12 days ago

My friend who sits next to me in spin class has her heart rate jumping all over in class.  She just texted me she got 190 walking through the mall.  It is anything but accurate since the last update which just happened to contain a new heart rate algorithm.  It was fine before this update.  The update was automatically loaded onto her watch from Garmin Express.

Parents
  • Quick update from my side: After contacting Garmin they sent me a new unit within a few days and the problem is completely gone now. Same 4.20 firmware, same configuration but no more hearth-rate spikes and resulting issues with intensity minutes, stress, body battery values.

So in my case the problem apparently resulted from a hardware issue. Not too impressive after one year of 24/7 use but the warranty replacement was pretty perfect I've to admit (5 days for the whole replacement, no discussions, 100% solution).

Everyone experiencing this specific problem should contact Garmin support and get a new unit - that seems to be the only solution.

• Quick update from my side: After contacting Garmin they sent me a new unit within a few days and the problem is completely gone now. Same 4.20 firmware, same configuration but no more hearth-rate spikes and resulting issues with intensity minutes, stress, body battery values.

So in my case the problem apparently resulted from a hardware issue. Not too impressive after one year of 24/7 use but the warranty replacement was pretty perfect I've to admit (5 days for the whole replacement, no discussions, 100% solution).

Everyone experiencing this specific problem should contact Garmin support and get a new unit - that seems to be the only solution.

Children