This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

True-Up doesn't update steps on vivosmart 4 since last update

This morning, I went for a run with my forerunner 645. After that, I switched to my vivosmart 4 for the rest of the day. But my steps didn't sync - when I got to work I only had 200 steps according to my watch, whereas my Connect app showed 3926. Forcing a sync doesn't solve the problem, it's as if True-Up stopped working for the vivosmart. Currently at 4520 according to my vivosmart, and at 8646 according to Connect.
As I have been wearing the forerunner the past few days I'm not sure if this started after the recent update to sw 2.90, but it sure looks like it.
  • same here on vivosmart 3. steps wont sync but Everything else syncs
  • The steps sync, but the TrueUp stuff doesn't work - it only syncs one way. To Garmin, not from Garmin, so not like it used to.
    Just noticed the same is true for intensity minutes.
  • Not sure if this is related, but I have the exact problem with the steps not syncing across from my Garmin Connect App to my Vivosport since yesterday as well..... :(
  • Looks like true up is broken. Dosent work on any of my devices
  • good to see that I am not alone. i noticed it yesterday with my vivosport. I was out for a 1/2 marathon with only my Fenix and left my vivosport at home. after the run I switched back to vivosport only. even within connect the step count was off at the end of the day. 20000 steps on the Fenix and another 10000 on the vivosport should end up with 30000 at the end of the day. but the vivosport was ignored. really strange. even worse if I looked at the timeline of the day, it seems to recognize all the steps but does not count correct. I hope Garmin fix this glitch soon, it is annoying.
    by the way I forced a firmware reinstall, disconnected the unit from connect and connect mobile, set up everything again, just to learn that it is not my device which is broken.
  • Looks like true up is broken. Dosent work on any of my devices

It works fine on my FR645 - just not on the vivosmart. Therefore I thought the vivosmart software broke something.

Just tested something else - the auto-start of activities doesn't work anymore. MoveIQ shows me having a 29minute walk whereas it should have started an activity after 10 minutes. It didn't do anything.

Garmin-Zac seeing as you are the one who announced the software upgrade can you help us regarding these issues?
  • True up works perfect on my instinct and in GCM but on vivosmart3,hr and vivofit 3 it stopped 2 weeks ago, only dayly step goal is correct on these.
  • Me too. My steps from my Fenix 5s+ are not being updated on the vivosmart. I looked to see if True Up was turned off for vivosmart 4 but I can’t even find the setting anymore. Works on Fenix 5s+ though. Vivosmart 4 only getting actual steps I take with it.

at least it isn’t asking me to set the vivosmart 4 up every time I open the app. Now if trueup would work we would be back where we started.
  • Same here, steps from my Fenix 5X+ are not synced to Vivosmart 4...
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    Anyone kept the 2.80 firmware of the Vivosmart 4? Was working fine ...