This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I use Vivomove Sport for sleep ?

I have instinct 2 Solar , its great but the sleep tracking is very bad, sometimes it don't detect deep sleep, and the sleep score and quality of sleep influence the body battery feature.

The sleep tracking in Vivomove Sport is the most accurate sleep tracking watch Garmin offers according to the YouTube channel called The Scientific review. Can I wear it for sleep to get an accurate sleep score so that the body battery reading be more accurate?

• I actively use a sleep watch, and I really like it. For previous generations of Garmin devices, the main feature of monitoring was motion analysis. This used motion-sensitive accelerometers. The second important part of monitoring was heart rate, tracked with a built-in optical heart rate sensor for sleep analysis.

But Progressive Sleep Monitoring now also takes into account heart rate variability - the time between each heartbeat. This is needed to more accurately measure awake time and the time spent in each stage of sleep.

Garmin uses a combination of photoplethysmography (PPG) and actigraphy (ACT) data analysis to assess whether the user is awake, asleep, or going to the bathroom at 3 a.m. and what stage of sleep they are in during each minute of sleep.