This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin running dynamics measurments

I have a vivomove style watch  which works well for me.

I have a hip injury and I am researching problems with my running & walking gaits.  I was advised by another Garmin user to try out his Garmin HRM Pro strap & see if the running gait info he collects would show up in Connect (if so it would be exactly what I need).   The strap does add some step cadence info to the report on Connect, but I don't see the other info he has; I think I need Ground Contact Time Balance & GCT (to a lesser extent).

Am I right in thinking this measurement is driven by the watch?  Is it possible to get the GCT functionality with the vivomove style?

If not, which is watch I need (something with mostly the same functionality as the vivomove style + this feature)?

What role does the HRM Pro strap play?  Is it needed for GCT?

Thanks!

• I have a vivomove style watch  which works well for me.

I have a hip injury and I am researching problems with my running & walking gaits.  I was advised by another Garmin user to try out his Garmin HRM Pro strap & see if the running gait info he collects would show up in Connect (if so it would be exactly what I need).   The strap does add some step cadence info to the report on Connect, but I don't see the other info he has; I think I need Ground Contact Time Balance & GCT (to a lesser extent).

Am I right in thinking this measurement is driven by the watch?  Is it possible to get the GCT functionality with the vivomove style?

If not, which is watch I need (something with mostly the same functionality as the vivomove style + this feature)?

What role does the HRM Pro strap play?  Is it needed for GCT?

Thanks!

Hello! The HRM-Pro can provide all the running dynamics (Ground Contact time etc.) if it is paired with a compatible device. Unfortunately, the Vivomove Style is not a compatible device for this feature.

If you look at this website for the HRM-Pro and under the compatible devices section, it will tell you which watch is compatible!

HRM-Pro

• Thanks!  That's the info I was looking for